At church on Sunday, this old lady was staring me down during that awkward meet-and-greet-even-though-you-already-know-everyone-here-because-you-rode-the-same-bus-over-from-the-nursing-home time. I just kept ignoring her and she kept staring at me (side note: i was wearing denim trousers which look like jeans to old people. and let's be honest old people are mean. but bryan said it was cool to wear that, but in reality i should have been wearing a pastel colored dress with a matching jacket and pillbox hat.) so then that old lady comes over to me, grabs my hand and then hugs me and says: "it's so good to see young people in church again!"
then i tripped her and walked out of church, while lighting my cigarrette.
just kidding, i hugged her back and she smelled like a kleenex box and told her i'm glad to see old people in church again. i would really hate to see what old hooligans would get themselves into on a sunday morning around 11:00. whatever it is, it would be slow and messy.
which brings me to my next point: do you think that senior citizens every get senioritis? I guess they do, but it's called alzheimers.
2 comments:
oh my gosh! This cracked me up! haha
we would be good friends if we ever met in real life... Or I just have a girl crush on you and you would avoid me. Either way, I get entertained.
I'd like to 'ditto' Michelle's comment.
When I realized that I could not privately message you, I thought, "Man, it's going to be really awkward when I have to announce my girl crush publicly in comment form."
Post a Comment