so bryan and i have moved to smalltown, usa with a population of under 25,000. but in the people that we lack, our town has made up in dairy queens and wheelchairs. i belive 65% of the town is over 60, which makes for very good estate sales and thrift store items because while junk lasts forever, old people do not. case in point, check out my awesome headboard that i found last week
:
How cool is that?? i'm in the process of sprucing it up so I'll post after pictures later.
Other things that happened this week:
1) I ruined a brand new shoe with a brick, nail polish and super glue.
2) I stepped on a rusty nail and for 4 hours thought I had the symptoms of tetanus. Turns out it was PMS, which had nothing to do with the rusty nail.
3) Was accosted by a herd of mexican-americans in my covered carport (its basically a garage without a door, don't judge me) and while one puffed a cig while telling me about her kids, hoochie-mama's and getting her GED and nursing license before she turns 45, the other one told me how lonely he was and that he needed a girlfriend. That is why he goes to church sometimes and did I know of anyone lonely too. I said yes, but they've all killed themselves by now.
4) Continued to ruin appliances, electronics, and countertops with one very small yet so powerful tube of super glue. I have now been banned of any adhesive stronger than the sticky side of a band aid.
1 comment:
seriously Kendi your blog is stinkin hysterical. I mean it literally makes me giggle.
*note to self- read Kendi's blog at home and not at work so as to not scare off coworkers with creepy lonely giggling.
Post a Comment