November 10, 2008

latteral move

I just went to wal mart. No lie, the cashier's name was Latteral. I don't even want to know how they pronounce that. S0 I got a little curious as to where they would come up with such a scholarly name. So I did a little research....

Lateral (or for the sake of this entry, latteral)

Pronunciation:
\ˈla-tə-rəl also ˈla-trəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English laterale, from Latin lateralis, from later-, latus side
Date: 15th century

1 : of or relating to the side
2 : situated on, directed toward, or coming from the side
3 : extending from side to side (as in an airplane axis)
4 : produced with passage of breath around the side of a constriction formed with the tongue

So with that extensive research in mind, I have come to these conclusions:

a. her parents were hippies
b. her parents loved latin and middle english derivatives.
c. she was conceived on an airplane axis.
d. she was named after the act of a mouth fart.

Take your pick, they are probably all right. At least her brother's name is easy to figure out. His name is Litteral.

No comments:

Web Statistics