Another interesting week in the office. layoffs here, nail clippings there.
Nail clippings? Surely not, you say. Oh yes, that distinctive sound of whatever protein a nail is made of being sliced off by a minature machete from the flesh of a hand unmistakenly interrupted my morning. Twice. I, by the way, do not work in a salon, therefore this is not normal nor is it okay. And did I mention this happened twice? I'm thinking the first time was a manicure, the second was a pedicure.
Of course it doesn't stop there. I also heard the scheduling of a "much needed" mammogram and gynocology appointment, then someone mistook the phrase "Accounting Department" as "Kenny Departno" on the phone and couldn't understand why I didn't have their phone number (I never fully recovered that conversation), and I heard the ongoing's of the women and men's restrooms all week long. I think the stomach bug must be going around.
Oh and did i mention layoffs? Hello Friday, I thought you'd never come.
1 comment:
I have to ride public transportation to get to my downtown job and am always amazed by the traveling nail salon on the train. The worst is the nail filing... all I can think of is the fact that I'm breathing in particles of the person that feels it is appropriate to do this grooming in public. I can understand tending to a snagged nail but after 10+ min of filing... c'mon!
Post a Comment