February 5, 2009

travel

i'm flying to see my parents tomorrow and its been a while since I've flown. I got to thinking what am i allowed to pack nowadays??

i think we are on threat level orange, but does that mean i can take foundation and gum? what about a brush? are shoes still allowed?? So i logged on to TSA and took a looksy...

things i am absolutely not allowed to take on the airplane:
  • ice picks
  • meat cleaver
  • sabers
  • swords
  • baseball bat
  • bow and arrow
  • pool cues
  • ski pole
  • spear gun

and of course I was planning on taking all of these. to make matters worse these were on the list as well:

  • BB guns
  • flares
  • cattle prods
  • crowbars
  • billy clubs
  • brass knuckles
  • night sticks
  • nunchucks
  • throwing stars
  • gas torches
  • liquid bleach

So you can imagine my disappointment after I read this list. Not only was I going to prod cattle with my dad but my mom and I were going to a billy club and throwing star convention and I am not going to be able to carry any back with me on the plane.

Things I am allowed to take:

  • one pair of shoes
  • saltine crackers
  • one sandwhich baggie of anything i can fit in there
  • gameboy

Well that's a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Web Statistics