I hate office birthday party's. I really do. I'm pretty sure hell is an employee-only birthday party at a dentist office with cream cheese icing cupcakes and NO water.
Anyways, we had this birthday party today at work for the new girl and boy was it fun. Just kidding, it wasn't. So 25 awkward minutes later we all start to move towards the trash can and back to our work when I turn to the new girl and offer up my best "happy b-day." she then turns to me and says the best response i have ever heard to a happy birthday:
"Thanks! It was really good to see your face today."
A slow "okay" came out of my mouth as she hopped along on her weird little way. I love that this girl thought that I actually wanted to come to her office birthday party and then thanked me for coming. I then felt bad that I didn't bring a gift. I might leave one on her desk tomorrow. But what to give someone you don't really know?
I know! I"ll leave a headshot of myself. That was she can say "It was really good to see your face today" everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment