May 9, 2009

"maybe you should just stay in the back"

We had this "corporate go work in the retail store day" (not the official name). Anyways, I went on Friday and realized after not working in retail for two years, I'm a little rusty on my customer service/social skills. I know what you are saying "Oh, Kendi...don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you were fine, I"m sure you didn't do anything wrong." That's sweet, it really is. But I think I made a few mistakes on my first day back to retail:
Let's see I:
-made a baby cry
-I lost a bracelet,
-I messed up an order
- I locked myself and subsequentially someone else in the bathroom
- I got there late, left early
- and then I accidentally told a lady in a wheel chair that "I'll get things rolling" for her.

Oh you're right, maybe I am just being hard on myself. I'm sure she gets that all the time, the wheelchair lady that is. And I bet that I was just showing all of the other employees up and that's why they told me to take a late lunch, stay in the back and leave early.

I feel much better now.

No comments:

Web Statistics