June 15, 2009

Attention Ladies:

Do not let your husband, boyfriend, significant other watch the movie "Into The Wild". Although a great, inspiring movie about a young college graduate who leaves everything he has to hitchhike up to Alaska to live by himself in the wilderness, it is not worth it. Your man will want to also move to Alaska with nothing but a sleeping bag and a knit hat. Bryan looked at me half way through the movie and with glazed-over dreamy eyes said "Wouldn't that be great? Just living in a van, not worrying about money, having everything you need right there." I ignored him and let that one go. Later on, as the main character has lost an inhumane amount of weight and is surviving on rodents and berries, he says "Wouldn't that be so freeing? Just living in nature, finding your own food, surviving on the land." At this point, I put down my chocolate milk shake and magazine and look at him like he must be crazy and as I'm preparing to give the eye roll of the century, he adds this: "But I wouldn't want to go alone. I would want you to go with me."  Oh puling out the romantic card, are we? And somehow "Yeah, that'd be great. I'd go anywhere with you." came out of my mouth.
 
So it looks like we'll be selling everything of worth, packing up what's left and we are gonna go live in a van in Alaska. yayyyy.
 
By the way, the guy dies at the end of starvation. so i guess this will be my last post...

2 comments:

Red High Heels said...

haha...i love this....have seen this movie..but my husband didn't have the same reaction...I am thinking it had something to do with the whole dying part.....or maybe the buffalo part too??

Unknown said...

I've lived in Alaska all my little life. It's not as romantic as everyone thinks...Just cold...so very, very cold...

Web Statistics