June 9, 2009

Happy 25th

To the love of my life, the cream in my coffee. I'm glad I get another year of loving you.   
 
 
I love you because...
  1. of the way your eyes dance around when you tell a story.
  2. your face immediately softens at the first sign of a tear.
  3. you never let me go to sleep without saying goodnight.
  4. you love my ideas – the good, the bad, and the outright ridiculous.
  5. you dream big with me.
  6. I know you'll make a good dad one day. (lucky kids)
  7. you fit me perfectly.
  8. of the way your eyes crinkle when you smile. (And I will love each and every one of those crinkles when they turn into wrinkles one day.)
  9. you assure me every night that the doors are all locked (even if they aren't)
  10. I'm the one that gets to be with you.
  11. of the way that you proudly introduce me as "your wife" to anyone we meet.
  12. I've never had to ask you to do the dishes.
  13. of the way you say "I love you" first thing in the morning, like you've been holding it in all night.
  14. you have single-handedly put together every piece of furniture in our house. (thank you)
  15. you let me squeeze the life out of your hand anytime an airplane takes off or lands (and any time in between).
  16. you cried at our wedding.
  17. you are the hands-down, the #1 best traveling partner in the world, ever.
  18. You taught me to respect wine.
  19. You tell stories like John Wayne made movies.
  20. Halfway through our fights, you always smile. It's your little white flag of surrender.
  21. all of my favorite memories include you.
  22. I've never laughed so hard than with you.
  23. if we had 3 little boys, exactly like you, I would be proud.
  24. you were born today, just for me.
  25. you are my greatest adventure.

1 comment:

amy said...

Wow. That post made me well up. No tears spilled over, but it was close. You two are wonderful, and I'm so happy that you found each other. Happy Bryan's Birthday!

Web Statistics