July 13, 2009

Ahh, the Salad Days

The other day, some old guy saw Bryan and I together and sighed, saying "Ahh, the Salad Days." Thinking to myself, "does it look like we eat salad? we don't eat salad. maybe it's a compliment, maybe it means I look thinner. yes it must be a compliment." So I smiled and waved, then I gave Bryan a noogie just for grins.

Bryan explained to me later that 'Salad Days' simply means that you are still in love -- things are fresh and appealing. This got me thinking about the other stages in marriage. Are there 'Brisket Days'? When marriage gets tough and chewy and you go through a phase where everything tastes better with bbq sauce? (I feel like this is towards the end of life) Are there 'Ovaltine Days', when things are nutritious and delicious, but at the same time kind of bland and not as good as a milkshake? (I feel like this is early retirement) What about the 'Taco Bell days'? When marriage is fast and nasty. (middle age) The 'Cobbler Days' must be when you are still dating -- warm and gooey....

Bryan said I took this way too far. He told me to stop -- and that I always take things too far. Looks like we're approaching those dreaded Taco Bell days far too soon...

Oh well, see you on the Brisket side.

No comments:

Web Statistics