November 28, 2009

us vs. them

We came, we shopped, we conquered. Bryan, my sister, brother-in-law and I woke up at 4:30 on Black Friday and went shopping. It's actually one of my favorite days of the year. (I also like Blue Tuesday and Yellow Saturday). This year was great -- of course the lines were out of control and I think I might have caught the swine flu from all of the accidental human interaction. But Bryan and I ran into one problem while we were shopping. It wasn't the crowds, it wasn't the lack of money in our bank account, or the ungodly hour in which we woke. The problem was exactly who were we buying for? Us or them?

By 7:00 am we had saved tons of money on gifts -- for ourselves. We kept finding amazing deals -- a $40 set of knives, a luxury snuggie, two for one sweaters. I would pick something up and Bryan would look at me with his big green eyes and ask "Who is this for -- us or them?" It turns out the answer more often than not was "us."

So it looks like we are going to be having a great christmas this year. To our family members: you like gift cards, right?

No comments:

Web Statistics