December 10, 2009

Bang Bang

Roughly 3 weeks ago I got the best haircut of my life. Seriously, people it was a really good hair cut. It brought tears to my eyes. I received compliments from people I didn't even know. Some person even told me that my hair style made their day better. But the best part of my haircut was the precise accuracy of the length of my bangs. Having cut my own bangs for years, this is nearly impossible. But here in small town america I found a hairdresser who believed that bang cutting is not just a service, but an art.

Exhbit A:
(photo by my husband)

The day after my perfect haircut I immediately became worried that my bangs were already growing. This could not happen. I needed them to stay at this length for as long as possible -- maybe even forever. (By the way if you are reading this and the words "vapid", "shallow" or "egomaniac" has come to mind, you should probably stop reading.) Well as it would turn out I have freakishly fast growing bangs and before I knew it I needed a Trim. The dreaded Trim. I believe that trim is actually a word used by hairstylists as slang to mean "a cheap imitation of a full-priced haircut." Well today was that day. Today I went in for a $5 trim. And just like I feared -- my perfect haircut was a total fluke.

Within a matter of seconds, I went from InStyle magazine to Nickelodeon.

Exhibit B:



Just kidding, she didn't have to pay $5 for her haircut, but I did. Here's exhibit B:

So I guess that I have no other choice than to strap on my white velcro keds, put on a belly-baring shirt and tell everyone I meet an alternate spanish word. That or I could tell people it's a wig. Or that I just finished the 3rd grade and to back off -- I'm tall for my age.

Oh well, you know what they say... If the bangs fit, wear them. Now what's the spanish word for "bad haircut"?

(EDIT: Bryan just said to me "Its not that bad." He also says this to me when I burn the crap out of dinner, so I think I'm going to need a second opinion.)


3 comments:

Red High Heels said...

I think once they get a teeny-tad(think I just made up that weird word) bit longer....you will be amazingly sytlish and pulling off a look I wish I could pull off!! You look great with the blunt bang!

Red High Heels said...

and by sytlish I meant stylish....sytlish sounds like an STD.

amy said...

Awww. I've so been there. What is it about bangs?! Even my wonderful stylist who cuts all the rest of my hair nicely sometimes get the bangs wrong. What's the deal?

Web Statistics