BMS are the initials of my husband. But it is also the acronym for a very serious disorder.
Ever so often Bryan gets a little bit sad, a little moody, a little quiet. He goes into his office and he works quietly with a glass of wine. He doesn't listen to his music loudly, he doesn't have much to say. He pokes around at his burned dinner that I cook, which is his favorite by the way. I also find him watching movies like "Rachel Getting Married" or "Garden State." This doesn't happen very often, but when it does I call it BMS -- Bryan's Moody Syndrome.
Since I've long been a victim of the female version, PMS, I try to offer up things that make me happy during this time. I offer to help him eat a whole sleeve of cookie dough, he says no thanks. I offer to watch Gilmore Girls and paint our toenails together, again he says no. I buy him gossip magazines and chocolate bars, he shakes his head. I really do not know what to do with him. I am out of options. The only thing that I can do now is to dress up like a clown and go visit him at his office with flowers and a song.
Wish me luck.
4 comments:
Oh! Take him shopping! That's how I cure anything that ails me -- depression, aches and pains, anger. It's suitable for all moods and maladies. If you can't afford to buy anything, let him try on ridiculously expensive things and then leave them on the floor of the dressing room.
Usually I have to leave my husband alone, and possibly feed him.
you don't know me, but I love your blogs (both of them) and so I gave you an award... check it out
kjlangford
http://kjunveiled.blogspot.com
I hear they call this the "man cave" according to Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus, and we're supposed to let them stay there in solitude until they're ready to come out.
I love your blogs
designers video
Post a Comment