February 2, 2010

kendi for a day

So we have some students coming this week for job shadowing day. We have an hour to tell them about our job and what we do each day. Here is what I will show them and talk about, my day hour by hour:

8:30 am -- stumble in, apologizing for being late again --for the last year and a half. Apologies are always accepted.

8:45 am -- go to the bathroom and finish your makeup. Always remember: self first, work second.

9:00 am -- go warm up your coffee -- nutrition is vital to a good workday

10:00 am -- go visit with co-workers, inter-office friendships are important to keep.

11:00 am -- check your personal email, blogs you follow, and feel free to shop online. Keep your facebook browsing to a minimum, employers hate facebook. don't even think about going to myspace.

12:00 -- lunch time!

1:15 pm -- settle in for the day, check your work email, answer some phone calls

2:00 pm -- shuffle some papers on your desk, make it look really messy and like you are stressed out. make sure your calendar is full. I like to fill my work calendar with everyone's birthday because at a glance birthdays look like appointments. Appointments look busy.

3:00 pm -- bathroom break

3:30 pm -- iphone break

4:00 pm -- start shutting down applications on your computer. You want to be ready for 5 o'clock.

4:30 pm -- Re-organize those papers you shuffled around earlier. Always leave with a clean desk. It makes you look like you really accomplished something.

4:59 pm -- wait for it...

5:00 pm -- quietly sneak out of your office by taking off your shoes or any noise making jewelry. I always use a back door whenever possible. Be sure to leave your desk chair out and monitor on so it looks as if someone might have stepped out for a minute and might just come back.

7 comments:

Christina said...

HA! I forwarded this to half the girls I work with, it's great:)

Pamela said...

I just found your blog and love it. It's so fun!
This post is spot on. I, too, copied and it forwarded to the girls at my office, too.


www.gingergirl4242.blogspot.com

SaraJane said...

Hahaha!! So true. Especially when I look at the clock and see that I'm right on schedule with checking blogs.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog too, and this post is hilarious. Totally sounds like my work day!! Love it!

Taylor said...

I am so glad that I have discovered you. This post made me laugh out loud ... although, because I laughed out loud, my boss knew I wasn't doing work because our work isn't funny. Whoops.

But for real, this is my day to a T ... except, I g-chat ... a lot ...

Maggie said...

Haha, this is pretty much exactly how my day goes! It made me laugh a lot!!!

shirley said...

That sounds just about my day!!! LOL..

Web Statistics