When you say "How was your day?" and he answers "For sure!" He isn't listening.
When you ask "What do you want for dinner?" and he says "Awesome." He isn't listening.
When you say "Do I look fat?" and says "I don't know, maybe." He better not be listening.
When you say "Will you turn it down?" and he says "You saw a clown?" The tv is up too loud, give him a break he's trying.
When you say "date night" amd he says "steak night?", he's just hungry for meat since you became a vegetarian.
When you say "I love shoes" and he says "I love you too", let it go. Sometimes listening isn't what it's cracked up to be.
11 comments:
this post made me smile
i came here because i wanted to chuckle. and chuckle i did. thank you!
oh, and i love it that it ended up being about how great your husband is and how we focus so much on the wrong things sometimes. good, good stuff.
haha! I hope when I'm not listening that I'm not that transparent!
Isn't it the worst when you are talking to someone and have already asked them what they just said and still didn't get it? I just nod and smile and hope it wasn't a question.
Beautiful. Touching. Sniff sniff. That's love for you.
I like the he better not be listening ;)
Your post made me laugh! I had to read it out loud to my husband... he got a kick out of it too :)
this is SOOOOO clever and hilarious. read it to my husband and he was cracking up!!! i feel like printing this out and hanging it on my wall!
ahahaha the I love shoes I love you, too. We've done something similar
if i was a publisher, i would offer you a book deal based on your posts. unfortunately, i'm not...but if i was. i would.
Oh man - date night/steak night - just found your second blog - love it!
Post a Comment