February 22, 2011

Am I too late?

I know it's the end of February, but is it too late to post my NY Resolutions? Yes? Okay, cool. Still going to do it. I like to post resolutions that I can or have already accomplished. That way I already feel esteemed.  Specifically on this list, I've already accomplished 5-7. Still working on number 8.

1. take a multi-vitamin every day, specific to growing longer hair and nails
2. up your daily intake of chocolate
3. drink more water, because chocolate causes cotton mouth
4. stop drinking wine
5. just kidding, keep drinking wine. why stop now?
6. lie about your weekly intake of wine to anyone who asks.
7. branch out -- try a new wine, read a new book or make eye contact with people when they say "hi"
8. stop telling people they look like celebrities. no one likes to hear "you look just like robin williams."
9. wear jeans a size too big every once in a while and tell people about your amazing new diet of cheese and chocolate croissants.
10. stop telling people you're "into" yoga. people don't realize you are talking about frozen yogurt which you like to call frozen yoga.

Maybe I should call this my bucket list instead of NY Resolutions. Just kidding, that movie was weird.

18 comments:

Bekah McDuffie said...

Number 9 is fabulous. As is 10. Such wise resolutions are inspiring and attainable- maybe. That movie was weird :)
Bekah:Matters of Merrymaking

Kayla said...

Could you be more ambitious? You may wanna scale things back a bit.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

stefanietaylor said...

Resolutions 4-6 are definitely on my list too!


Note: I'm drinking a glass of chardonnay as I write... I like to think of it as MY daily vitamin.

Anonymous said...

Best list of NY resolutions I've seen in a while. Number 9 is great! As is wine drinking.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are not really giving up wine. That would be bad.

Laura said...

You are too funny! I just discovered your blog via Quite Like It and love your humorous take on the married life! These resolutions are great too! Excited to be your newest follower!

Alison said...

Wow, talk about over achieving. You've totally inspired me to shoot for the stars by continuing to not do yoga. YAY!

Me said...

YOure clearly on the right track! ;)

Isabel said...

Love it! Perfect tactic for keeping resolutions. So glad you thought better of #4, that would've been sad.

Anonymous said...

I totally lied to the doctor last year on my wine intake.

The question was, Per month I have ___ glasses of alcohol:
0
1 - 3
4 - 6
6 - 8
plus 8+
I just went ahead and substitued the word glass for bottle.

kelsey said...

Oops. I'm pretty sure I've told you that you look like three different celebrities...but none of them were Robin Williams. However, my grandfather-in-law looks exactly like Robin Williams.

Rin said...

When I saw the "NY" I immediately thought you meant New York (where I live) rather than New Year's. Hee hee.

Caro said...

I full support #2. That is on my resolution list too, and I have been doing a great job at it! (You should try Lindt's dark chocolate with sea salt bar if you haven't yet. It's to die for.)

Heather said...

haha! i am with you on the wine! ;)

stealthnerd said...

Okay, first of all, your list is amazing. Seriously. Second of all, I have a tip for #1. Try Biotin. It's in the B vitamin family and it will definitely help with the hair and nails. I used it to help after a particularly brutal haircut once and have been loving the effects ever since.

Julie said...

I cannot thank you enough for making me smile everyday! I read both of your blogs and look forward to it like someone looking forward to the weekend. I sometimes even save them up so that I can get a huge burst of happiness all at once:) Keep up all of the fantastic work!

~Julie

kelly said...

The yoga thing made me laugh. My gym is beside a frozen yogurt shop and well you can guess which one I have been to more.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I like that idea. Resolutions already made. Talk about positive reinforcement!

Web Statistics