March 4, 2011

It's a Date

I tend to use the term "date night" a lot when talking about evenings with my husband. Perhaps more than your average wife. I would hate for anyone to get the wrong idea about us, so let me explain what constitutes a date night:

- any meal that I don't have to cook or clean up = date night
- any time we leave the house past 6 pm, no matter where we go = date night
- if the tv is on = date night
- if I am dressed in something other than sweat pants and Bryan has showered that day = date night
- if there is wine present = date night
- if someone says the words "date" "night" or "dinner" = date night  (however if the words "is it ready yet?" "what's for dinner" or the term "supper" is used, it is not a date night)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that date night is pretty much every night. Not because we are a couple of romantics, but because we both have very low standards of fun and zero expectations. 

25 comments:

amyluna said...

I would say that "having very low standards of fun and zero expectations" is the key to a good marriage, no?

Mrs. Biscuit said...

I'm absolutely the same way, except I use the word "supper" for any meal after lunch.... If I'm in sweatpants and hubby is still fully clothed and we're in the same room doing the same thing(i.e. not on computers on the opposite side of the room), it's a date.

I have low standards for what constitutes a date, but that means I get dates at least 3 or 4 nights a week, so I win! Right? =)

Megs said...

I really don't think any other blog makes me laugh the way your's (yours? my mind is blanking) does.

Tara B. said...

Bahaha! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anonymous said...

hahah I love this!

Alicia said...

Every night is date night before you have kids. Soak it up!

Unknown said...

Hey, any time the kids are not in the car, it's date night for us!

My Heart Blogged said...

I totally understand this. Date night means we didn't take a nap, cook, or spend all night on our computers for us.
My Heart Blogged

Tiffany said...

Haha, isn't that the truth?!? Its pretty much the same way for Nate & I. People probably think we're a super sweet and romantic couple even though we have kids . . . but we're not. Kids are in bed by 7:30 and we're sitting together on the couch = Date Night!!

C.G. Koens said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto and you had both hubby and I laughing along with you. Yay for any night you don't have to cook/clean! ;-)

The Wh0le Story said...

Awesome. Also, I am totally on board with you. If my boyfriend and I go out anywhere on a Saturday night, it's totally a date. Be it a movie, Target, or the grocery store. :o)

Heather said...

haha this is so true... you need a way to distinguish between eating a meal together and what is a fun date

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Funny stuff girl.

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Ha! As someone coming up on eight happy years of marriage, I love this!

Bethany said...

It's like me & my hubby! With our schedules the way they are, any night that we're both home to eat dinner together is a date night. (so 3 or 4 nights out of 7.)

Janni said...

I was actually wondering this because I see you post it often in your other blog. Thanks for clearing that up and for the record, I count any time we are out alone with no kid a date night.

Jess said...

just stumbled across your blog and this post made me laugh out loud. Love your positive outlook!


xo Jess

http://cheapbutchicclothes.blogspot.com/

Jennie Bee said...

Wow.. thats my life.. minus the married part.

the best part of my day... said...

Just came across your blog...adorable. From a single girl to a married girl....I love it. I look forward to reading more. Cheers.

michelle said...

seriously.. didn't know about this blog of yours.. and i think i just spent an hour reading your posts laughing hysterically. you should do stand up with these. they're great i tell you great.

little miss michelle said...

love the blog! :)

UpperBottom said...

I love this! My husband and I, too, have low standards for date night because we have a one year old.

Firebound said...

you rock, thats it all i want to say is you rock

Chelsea said...

LOL so true! Love it

Chelsea

www.timeinc.info

Josh Ray said...

This post spoke to this young man's heart. I'm away from my wife right now until August, but I'm totally forwarding the link to her. Maybe we have more date nights than we think! :o)

Web Statistics