The other day at the gym I wandered over to the weight machines. This isn't normal territory for me, but I thought "why not?" As I'm doing some arm machine that's supposed to make me look like a male body builder (ten lbs at a time people), an old man trainer is standing to the side talking to a gym member.
"You'd be surprised -- I'd say that no one knows what they are doing on these machines. You wouldn't believe what some people do."
I'm listening to this guy go on and on. And as I look up from my cell phone, he locks eyes with me. And he does not let them go.
What? There is no law against texting and weight lifting. I rest my case.
12 comments:
Haha, no law at all! =) Hey at least you weren't eating a burger while working out!
Hmm, sounds like a case of I-will-cut-an-old-person threat. I mean, at least you're actually in the gym doing something. That's giving you points.
The point is that you're at the gym End of story. The old dude is too "traditional"
Just Better Together
A cell phone weighs something right? See you were working with weights. Silly old man.
My Heart Blogged
Love this!
OMG awesome!
I'm still sore from lifting on Tuesday. I think texting breaks are allowed.
I've texted while on the treadmill. It is hard while running.
you oughtta be more careful! I hear these days that people are just texting and running right into pools filled with water! times are CRAZY!
What was that old dude like 40?
visiting from 30 for 30:
I tried to leave comments but I can't. It won't let me. Or send an email. :( Boo
Are you in TX by chance? I am planning a bloggers day out and would LOVE for you to come.
Also, I think I am going to to the 30 for 30. I went 12 months w/o buying anything (minus a bridesmaid dress). It was really hard but an eyeopener.
Lovely blog! So funny!
xoxo,
colormenana.blogspot.com
I wouldn't last five minutes at the gym without my phone...I get so bored! :)
Post a Comment