April 5, 2011

Now I Know

Apparently saying "I want to eat your baby" is not appropriate when complimenting one's newborn child.

Well, now I know. How am I supposed to learn if I don't make a few mistakes right?

Also, I'm free for babysitting, if anyone is interested.

35 comments:

Tara B. said...

This silly blog actually makes me smile (literally) every single time I visit. That must say something about the kind of person you are :)

Mrs. Biscuit said...

You always crack me up! Yes I am looking for a sitter, are you available tomorrow? Oh and I only have cats, the fur probably makes them less appealing for eating? I hope! ;)


MuffinLovesBiscuit

oona said...

Well, you know.
"Experience is a brutal teacher
But you learn
My God you learn"
-C.S. Lewis
Ha ha (: (geek much? mmyeah)

Yan said...

Ok this blog made me LOL!

Anonymous said...

hahahah omg! HYSTERICAL!

dot said...

I'm pretty sure that's my gut reaction every time I see a newborn, too. BABY. I WILL EAT YOU FOR A SNACK.

Is there a support group for people like us?

Megs said...

Is that better or worse than the time that the parents of the adorably plump baby I was holding overheard me calling him a 'Fattywampus?" I didn't think it was rude because everyone knows chubby babies are the most adorable! Parents didn't seem to see it that way. Lesson learned.

Mandee said...

this reminds me of the time I was on a scavenger hunt in college and one of the items was to get your picture taken with a baby. Asking a mother in Safeway if you can hold her baby and take a picture is a lot worse that it sounded to me as I was caught up in the competitive moment of winning! Think twice before asking...the mother hugged her baby tightly and scurried away!

Tiffany said...

Haha you made me lol. My friend actually says that about her own baby. "I just want to chew on your little toes!" Or "I just want to eat those chubby cheeks for a snack." lol

Anonymous said...

So funny! I'm always saying that kind of stuff about babies. Only the cute ones though. :)

Me said...

Aww dont tell me. You actually burst my bubble. If I had a nickel for every time I've said that!!!!!

I would love to hear that about my baby though. I kinda eat everything I love myself! :)

Kim @citygirlinak said...

i learned that recently too! my friend's haven't invited me over since. *sadface*

Unknown said...

I hear people say "I just wanna eat you up" to newborns, babies, cute things all the time. Seems the same to me. :)
Not ever having babies myself, I never know what to say about babies anyway and they always seem like they want you to say something.

My Heart Blogged said...

I think it's best to get the fact you want to eat someone's baby out in the open. I mean... then they have a chance to stop you from eating it.
My Heart Blogged

ag. said...

Um, if you said that to me, I wouldn't think you were weird. Is that weird?! I always tell my husband that I don't know how him mom didn't eat him all up when he was a chubby, cute baby!

Jeanni said...

LOL. I don't think most people think it's inappropriate, but apparently "I just wanna put you in my pocket!" is code for kidnapping. I found that out and I was really just saying how cute the baby was!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

made me die laughing!

Diana L. said...

hmmmm... i think it's appropriate!
www.Longology.blogspot.com

Helena said...

I don't thinks it's inappropriate. I sometimes want to take nibbles of my baby's fingers.

I love your sense of humour and ability to put it in writing.

Unknown said...

lolwut

che said...

I say that bout my little guy almost everyday. Who wouldn't want to eat those delectable chubby cheeks :)

Melinda McKee said...

If you say "could" instead of "want to" and tag on "with a spoon," (as in, "I could eat your baby with a spoon!") it goes over better. Well, in the South, anyway.

A spoonful of baby makes the compliment go down, in other words. :-)

RL said...

the truth is funny :)

Surberwong said...

YAY!! I missed you. Blog more - It's fun for me and makes me feel like I can be less witty on a daily basis. Seriously, go type.

shelia said...

hysterical! i have actually closed my teeth (gently, of course) on my baby's cheeks before. they are quite delectable. love, love, love your blogs. i think i love this one even more than your fashion blog.

kelsey said...

i learned to not call someone's baby "chunks"...i guess not everyone loves it. weird. :)

Liv Szari said...

My husband and I just found your blog and laughed so hard! We say that all of the time about our niece and nephew, and their parents look at us like we are crazy people! This blog puts marriage in the best, most hilarious, light! Love it =)

Caro said...

Soooo weird. I think that is a totally appropriate and flattering compliment to parents of a newborn.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I'd be more offended if NO one wanted to eat my baby! No one wants the "Brussel-sprouts" of kids!

Alainna said...

I hope you don't mind, I was inspired by your post and posted this: http://bigshe.blogspot.com/2011/04/take-it-from-kendi.html

Should you like I can delete it, just let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the inspiration!!

Nari @ The Novel World said...

My family says things like that all the time, but I think its a culture thing. The standard is: "I want to eat your liver, I love you so much." Its normal for us...it just doesn't translate well.

Käthe said...

Worse is, "Can I pet your baby." I'm not even kidding. That is a quote.

I snarled, I'm sure.

Janni said...

lol! I would not be offended at all! Wait, depends on your tone and your eyes.. If your eyes say "eat" as in with salt and pepper or "eat" as in "cute!" LOL!

Web Statistics