But instead I went and got paid less than $1 an hour to serve my country as the fine citizen that I am. That's right for the 11 hours that I was sequestered to sit in a hot, stinky room I was paid with a crisp $10 bill while you all were sitting at your desk job getting paid a real salary. Jealous?
The best part of my day was not the girl sitting behind me blowing her hot breath on me with every exasperated gasp she let out but hearing the freaky names people name their children. Stephen King, Wendy Malick and Christopher Robin were all there. I kid you not. I was waiting for Thom Kruz and Opra Winfree to be called as well.
I must tell you though, the Princess Leia outfit worked. I did not get selected. The Force wins again.
1 comment:
$10 a day, that's about what I make. I thought to myself, there's no way Kendi got my same salary for sitting in jury duty for one day. But then I realized I have a state job, so must be right.
Post a Comment