December 1, 2009

too much of a good thing is disgusting

Confession: i am a bad house wife. I don't clean, I don't fold the towels right and I can't cook. But if there is one thing that i can make it's soup. I believe that soup was invented by mail-order brides who didn't want to disappoint their new husbands so they decided to throw everything they had into a pot and boil it into submission. By the time you boil anything for 3 hours and add enough salt and pepper, it's going to be good.

Last night I made chicken and dumplings. I prefer less chicken, more dumplings so I added twice as many biscuits to the soup. (I'm watching my carbs) It was perfect. By the end of the meal, I slowly began to realize that we finished the whole pot of soup which means we both ate a can of biscuits -- each. I quickly googled "I just ate a whole can of biscuits" and the words "obesity" and "shame" popped up on my screen. Then my computer made fun of me and picked me last for a game of kick-ball.

Much later my stomach decided to team up with the rest of my digestive track and revolt against that can of biscuits. Bryan was fine, of course. I found out later that he used to be a competitive eater -- chicken and dumplings was his specialty. I should have known when he pulled out his stopwatch and a bib. I should have known.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I just found your blog and have been reading through old entries (I'm not totally creepy, I swear), and this entry made me really happy. You sound like a fantastic person. If you were in New York (and, you know, we hung out and stuff), I'd buy you a drink or three.

Web Statistics