February 20, 2010

New Lent Resolutions

I asked a co-worker on Ash Wednesday what she was giving up for Lent. She said junk food. She then explained to me that she had dieted a while back and it was working out for her but she'd fallen off the wagon. So she's going to give up junk food and start exercising for Lent.

As she walked off I wondered if I had asked about Lent or her New Year's Resolutions. I'm all for self-improvement, but I've got a suspicious feeling that when you turn Lent into a diet program you've missed the point.

Well, I'm off to go eat a pound of chocolate since I gave up exercise and french fries. The next 40 days are going to be rough.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Hmmm... Great observation! I agree about missing the point of Lent.

amy said...

Wait a second-- you gave up French fries for Lent?

Jilliebeanie said...

I just got done reading through the first page of posts here. You are SO hilarious. Totally my kind of humor. I'm at work (checking blogs and personal email) and laughed out loud several times. People are going to wonder...

Anyway, I love BOTH of your blogs!

prashant said...

Great observation!
designers video

Web Statistics