April 18, 2010

a recipe for love (and disaster)

When I say "I really want a warm chocolate chip cookie right now" the answer I'm looking for is not "Really?? Because I'm still really full from dinner." No, that is not the correct answer. The answer I'm looking for is "You know I've been wanting all day to watch you eat a warm chocolate cookie. Or better yet I spoon-feed you cookie dough while you lay in bed watching the Gilmore Girls in your sweat pants and an old ratty t-shirt. Then you can cry on my shoulder for an hour and tell me how your hips get lumpier with age."

Now that's what I'm looking for. That is what makes a marriage work although possibly creates a gateway for diabetes and emotional eating. But love is kind, blind and certainly does not ask the the other how much they weigh.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AH! I love this!! If only!
Love your blog!

lu said...

through the magic of the world of blogs, i managed to stumble upon yours and love it! fantastic writing!

lynnette said...

awww. :) this was so perfectly worded. Gilmore Girls is perfect while munching on chocolate chip cookies too!

so glad i discovered your blog!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm telling everyone I know about your blog(s) and claiming that I, yes, me, got to sleep with you when you went through your blow my nose in bed and shove the tissue under chelsea's pillow period. man, i miss those days.

oh. and i've finally beaten patrick to a satisfactory level for taping over our homemade poetry and music videos. i miss 10th grade.

The Semi Sweet said...

Do you know how many married women feel your pain right now? And why aren't our husbands ever in the mood for desserts?! It drives me crazy and makes me feel like a fat a**! kidding, but not really:)

Katie said...

So I've been stalking your Kendi Everyday blog for awhile now and just found this one the other day and I might have spent an exorbitant amount of time reading every. single. post. I'm kind of obsessed with your online persona. I think you're pretty swell. If I was a little kid in school with you I'd ask if you wanted to be my friend.

And on that note, I'll go back to my normal life where I pretend I don't stalk people online.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Haha, I swear you could have overheard that conversation in our household. Many times. I also read this one out lout to my husband and his reaction was - what is wrong with the reaction of "I'm full" ?

Web Statistics