June 30, 2010

frozen assets

I think we've reached the lowest point of our marriage. I realized this as my husband is standing in the freezer section of the grocery store. In our cart, he picks up two identical frozen dinners in his hands, looks back at me and says "Look! We can have the same thing for dinner!" Sheer excitement over the fact that we both picked out the same frozen dinner. Or perhaps it was when I was trying to decide between the generic brand crackers and the premium brand, when my husband nudges me and says "go ahead and get the real kind" with a wink. $55 later we have 6 frozen dinners for two,a bag of "real" crackers and a basket full of shame.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Haven said...

Okay, I'm not going to lie. That is really, really sad.

77apronstrings said...

It's like you were meant to be.

Taryn Z said...

LOL This is adorable! I love how he says go ahead and get the real kind, wink. That's right. He spoils his woman. With the "real" kind of crackers, never the generic! Loving it!

Greenballoon said...

Oh man, started laughing so hard (but not loud) at work and then started crying (from laughing, not sadness). Got some looks...

Web Statistics