December 27, 2010

Aunt of the Year

While playing with my two-year old nephew on Christmas Eve morn, I got a toy car stuck in my hair.



No one, not even the toddler, was amused. You should also note that the car was not hurt, nor was anyone under the age of 5. Just my pride and about two inches of hair.

I know what you're thinking. The whole "run the car up your hair" trick usually works with kids. Well, this time it didn't. Neither did the "let's-not-tell-your-mom-that-aunt-Kendi-got-pulled-over" quiet game. Moving toy parts and law enforcement officials are one of many reasons we don't have kids.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

THAT is actually pretty hysterical.

At least it is to those of us who don't have toy cars stuck in our hair. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha :) So good.

My Heart Blogged said...

Aw. It's completely hilarious. But, still sucks your hair got stuck.
My Heart Blogged

Justine said...

How in the world did this happen!?

Just Better Together

Janni said...

lol... that's too funny! It would totally happen to me too.

Kendi Lea said...

Justine -- I don't know. It all happened so fast. One minute I was pretending to drive a car up my head then next I was cutting a car out.

I was blindsided.

Aubrey Anne said...

I got a hairbrush stuck in my hair in a similar way once. It was the first - and last - time I attempted to round-brush-blowdry my hair. ;) I'm not gonna lie, I drove to my boyfriend's house with it in my hair and made him remove it for me. lol

Unknown said...

lol to the car in your hair boo to the hair chopping xxxx

Rin said...

That has happened to me too. I was able to pull the hair out but it was all damaged and gross.

The getting a car stuck in my hair, I mean. Not getting pulled over by a po-po :-)

Anonymous said...

hey hi!
I read your other blog but didn't feel like posting a comment their as there are already so many comments...
It will be like lost in the lot.
So i thought lets post a comment on this blog...at least it will get noticed here.

Anyways cutting the story short I really liked your blog.
U seems to be very interesting person.
please follow my blog too.

http://iloveriddhi.blogspot.com/

ontheblock vintage said...

just came across your blog, i love it!



wolves and sparklers
lu

kelsey said...

ha! love it. AND i have that mug. just right.

Melina said...

haha your blog is really funny :))
xx

Web Statistics