January 5, 2011

those kind of girls

"Do you remember ring watches?"

"What?"

"You know watches that girl's wore on their fingers."

"I didn't hang out with those kind of girls."


Little did my husband know that he married one of those kind of girls. Wait till he sees my Beanie Baby collection from 6th grade. Ahhh snap.

18 comments:

My Heart Blogged said...

Bwhaha I love it. The sad thing is how inconvenient it actually is.
My Heart Blogged

Jeanni said...

I loved ring watches! I had a dozen or so, and I broke all of them at recess!

MissEmy said...

Love it! :D Happy to have found your blog ~ very nice.

Lindsey Dixon said...

Baha! Oh, memories.




Lindsey Soup

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

Ring watches?! I must have been so stuck in private school I never got to enjoy this trend...but if I had known about it...Oh goodness...

Elizabeth said...

Girl you just took me BACK 15 years! RING WATCHES?? A classic!

Lindsay Jean said...

Oh I was SO one of those girls. Along with the Beanie Baby kind of girl and the Giga Pet kind of girl. Ah, middle school.

Malorie said...

Next thing you know he'll be dissing slap bracelets!

Jessica Coody said...

I loooooved my ring watch. It was ALSO a mood ring. Talk about multi-tasking.
I kinda miss it.

dot said...

I was one of "the kind of girls" whose fingers were a bit too chubby for ring watches, so every time I tried to be cool, I'd end up pinching myself with the mini links.

That said, my parents have approximately six trash bags of Beanie Babies in their attic right now.

JenRem said...

Oh snap - ring watches were the greatest! I used (okay, still do) have like three or four different ones. I think I might pull them bad boys back out and wear one to work. I know I would be the coolest chick in the office :)

Allison said...

Oh man, ring watches, slap bracelets, I was into them all.
I hope he realizes that beanie babies are a valuable collectors items though! They'll be worth something someday!!!

(never) haha

Tiffany said...

I just watched 200 Cigarettes the other day and saw a character wearing a ring watch and thought, "where can I find my old ones or get a new one because that is one cool and functional accessory."

Kimberly said...

I totally remember those! I had a cool hello kitty one from Rainbow Gate in the mall.

Sierra said...

so sweet and lovely! glad i came across your blog! :)

Jess said...

Nice. That is a throwback, for sure!

I finally sold all my beanies (minus a few that chill on my bookshelf, cause I'm still 11 at heart apparently.) at a yard sale for 15 bucks? It was like 23.4lbs of beans and fur! The lady who bought them told me I was "crazy" to sell them for so cheap and that she was going to make a ton re-selling them. Good luck sister, I check ebay too!

Ash said...

ha ha ha!!! My husband recently found my beanie baby collection. I had it hidden in one of my ottoman storage seats and he moved it and found them. I still don't know what to do with them, maybe I'll give them our baby.

Victoria said...

hahaha I had a ring watch! I was sooo bummed when I lost it!

Web Statistics