December 21, 2010

To the guy who works at the front counter of our gym:

We went to the gym 4 times last week. We only saw you once. Please do not say "I only saw you once this  week, I thought you guys were giving up already?" and then wink at us. You see, that would be like me saying "I only saw you once this week. I though you got fired. Or killed." And then not winking.

Winking doesn't take the aggressive out of passive-aggressive. Neither does writing about it on a blog that you don't read.

Touche. 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious.

upatreecupatea said...

bahahah! what a jerk!

Kendi Lea said...

I think he was trying to be friendly (??) but it instantly made me feel discouraged. And I'm sorry but 4x a week at a gym is an accomplishment for this girl!

amyluna said...

you are hilarious! Winking doesn't make it ok...
it's like when i say "no offense but..." before making a rude comment but it's still offensive. ha!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Good job working out 4 days this week! My gym called me house one night and asked where I'd been...haha whoops!

Healthy and Homemade said...

LMAO!!! Oh God, this is awesome. You should have said it! Maybe not the death part. People can be so weird, and winking creeps me out.

Nice job going to the gym, you just made me feel like an uber fattapotamus!

Allison said...

oh my gosh, i had the same thing happen except my "fitness coordinator" (gym front desk person) called me to make sure I was working out since she didn't see me this week. I had gone in three times.

I told her I'd been in three days so far and she said, "really? cause you can totally tell me if you cheated." This went on for about five exchanges until after her last "really girlfriend, you came in??" i finally just said "no."

She said, "oh, well.. let me know if you want to do an arms workout soon!" That would be a negative.

Anonymous said...

Laugh! Out! Loud! Good one, Kendi!

My Heart Blogged said...

People can be dumb sometimes. Next time walk in eating your favorite candy, and then see what he says. I'm such an instigator.
My Heart Blogged

Justine said...

I think he was trying to be nice. I THINK.

Just Better Together

Anonymous said...

just found ur blogs and i love u! hahahha
i think u r a creative genious.
i wanna do my own 30 in 30.
do a winter edition. for the ppl in Canada with all the snow and stuff! hahhaha

cant wait to follow ur journey further. keep up the good work. u make my work day go by fast. hehe

Unknown said...

haha, i hate when people like that try to be witty by saying something really rude with a smile.

Emerald said...

I didn't think I could love anything more than the Kendi Everyday blog until I found this beacon of light. I have tears streaming down my face; it's so funny. Therefore, you either A) totally get and reach out to the 20-something unemployed housewives of America, or B) I am just as sardonic and you have a #1 fan in me. I can live with either option.

Debbie Baker Burns said...

This cracked me up...very insightful!

Ryan Gladstone said...

hahaha. Touché

Anonymous said...

hahaha so great

Nuha said...

bahahaha that seriously made me LOL. I think 4x a week is pretty awesome!

Charisse said...

HAHAH! Hilarious.

Unknown said...

He's just trying to get you to stop coming in but still continue to pay. Next time he winks at you, look at each other and say "Is he winking at you? Or me? What kind of gym is this!?"

MeghanM said...

Oh, gyms...My husband works at LA Fitness as a personal trainer and yet so often when I'm in there some new guy tries to flirt with me and/or sell me a training package. Um, I'm actually married to one of your trainers, but thanks.

And 4x a week is amazing! Keep it up.

Kelly said...

I just laughed out loud at my desk and then had to try and stifle it which made me sound like I was either crying or choking on something... reading that was so worth the stares I got from the coworkers !

Web Statistics