May 17, 2011

Motherhood?

Besides accidentally cursing in front of my 5 year old nephew, I've found a new reason why I'm not yet ready to be a mom. File this under Reason #437 Why I Am Not Ready to be a Mom

There was a baby outside of our house that cried for about an hour. Turns out that baby was really a cat.

From what I can tell, there are two problems with this: 1) I can't tell the difference between baby's cry and cat's cry. 2) Even when I thought it was a baby, I didn't check to see why there was a baby outside of our house.

Two strikes against mommyhood for this girl and maybe a strike against being a compassionate human being as well. Also, don't leave a baby on our porch. I'm allergic to cats, so I won't open the door.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I'm not ready either so I feel ya girl!

Norma said...

haha i cringed when i read "for an hour"...guess i'm not ready either

Cathy said...

I just laughed out loud!! Your never reason ready, and just so you know...that cat was probably having sex! I heard one and thought it was a baby crying one night too....and I have 4 children!

User Not Found said...

Yeahhh, so I am a mom. And on Easter morning, I thanked my mother in law (instead of the Easter Bunny) for my 4 month old's gifts. In front of ALL of the children. And then I received death stares from their parents. Oops...

Ninah said...

LMBO!!!

Erin said...

ha! you crack me up. at least you can admit it, right? ;)

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

The lady in the office next to me recently had an infant visitor, who howled (much like a cat) the entire time. After a while (ok, like two minutes), I raised my nerves-shot trembling hands to cover my ears and moaned, "Good god, make it stop..." So that-- and my love of music with inappropriate lyrics and words-- tells me that I'm not ready either.

:)

Distracted Mommy said...

That's funny. Just yesterday, I was in the grocery store and my husband and I heard a baby crying in this high-pitched yowl. We both looked at each other and said, "Who would bring a cat inside a grocery store?"

www.StarHughes.com said...

Haha that made me smile! Too funny!

Linda said...

The cat must have been in heat....

True story

Michelle said...

LOL I'm a new Mom...still not ready yet and oddly enough was told on Wednesday by my brother in law that my baby sounds like a cat when he cries. Perfect...here I was thinking he sounded like an angry baby.

Marci said...

haha --I never thought I'd be ready either--but someday it'll happen girl, and the magic is we all rise to the occasion, you're the only one that baby wants, you know it and she knows it and its a beautiful thing to be needed completely and answer it.

G K said...

You are TOO FUNNY.

Janni said...

SMH Kendi.. you are something else! lol...

Kerrie said...

Was totally trying to fall asleep a few nights ago and was thinking "why on earth is a baby outside balling at this late hour" the next day I was walking the dog hear the same noise saw the cat in question 'doh' it was a cat. Glad I am not alone in this.

Tatiana said...

That happened to me too!!!! I thought someone had left a baby on my neighbors porch, so I went into my parents bedroom to ask them about it and my mom just looked at me and said, "that's not a baby, that's two cats...." leaving the rest for me to figure out on my own. Gross. So funny!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had that experience. : )

ktg said...

I actually heard that if you DO hear a baby crying outside your house, to call the police because some weirdos will use a recording of it to lure women out of their houses and then... Well, do what weirdos do I guess.. JUST SAYING! best to stay IN your house!

Web Statistics