As we were watching the first episode, one lady had a severe problem with hoarding food. So much of a problem that she had a rotten pumpkin in her living room that she couldn't part with. The other was a family who hoarded everything and cleaned nothing. Both houses were extreme.
About 30 minutes into the show, Bryan turned to me and said "This makes me feel so much better about our house."
At first I took this as an insult -- our house isn't ANYWHERE NEAR those houses. Sure we have unfolded laundry in a basket and some dishes in the sink, but I've never let a pumpkin die a slow and terrible death anywhere in our house. I have standards. But then I took it as a compliment. I've married a man with low standards of housekeeping and I couldn't be happier. I think we're going to make it.
28 comments:
If there's one thing I've learned from that horrific show it's that I am much cleaner than I think I am. No shame in comparing yourself to degenerates. None at all.
Yup. That show definitely ALWAYS makes me feel so much better about our standards of cleaning as well. I've also found out over the years that almost everyone has so grime in their lives. It's just that when we invite people over that's the excuse to clean so we just think everyone lives a spotless life.
We don't have cable either and we mostly watch movies on netflix, we've gotten to the point where netflix has nothing to recommend us that we'll like so it recommends early 80's movies. We've tried a few, and they're not for us.
We've tried tv shows, but we usually get so addicted that we watch way too much in a short amount of time and we forget all the other things we need to do. Although I'm itching to go home and start watching Season 3 of Trueblood. Netflix says it's waiting for me at home!
Have you watched Swamp People yet???
Because my hub and I are in the same boat as you and look at that, we just finished Season 1 of this alligator adventure....
It's oddly fascinating.
Oh dear... I've never watched Hoarders, but I've tried to watch Hoarding: Buried Alive (I think that's the one on TLC?). I'm a bit (ok, a LOT) of a neat freak, and those shows make me soooo uncomfortable! Like, it's physically painful for me to watch, I can't make it through a whole episode. But you're right, they do make me feel really good about my house!!! ;-)
I watched all of the available seasons of Hoarders over a two week period... I see hoarding tendencies in my boyfriend, and now I'm worried.
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! I was also watching it last night. I was so glad to see I really am not a hoarder, I do get rid of things and clean...even though I have a lot of clothes and shoes.
OMG that sounds like a night in our house! We don't have cable, we've literally watched EVERYTHING on Netflix and I just finished watching all the episodes of Hoarders this past Friday! OMG pumpkin lady was sad, sad, sad.
we tried watching that episode one night while eating dinner.
one of the top five worst mistakes of our lives.
i, too, have resorted to watching that show on netflix. i also just recently finished up the last season of intervention.
one of our favorites on netflix is the cosby show. i never get tired of rudy!
After I watch Hoarders, my OCD kicks in and I feel the need to clean my entire apartment. Whether it's dirty or not. Those people scare me.
Well, hey now... my house is nowhere near as bad as theirs either, but I actually have had a pumpkin die a slow and horribly disgusting death in my house. In my defense, I didn't even know the pumpkin was there! Family should never drop things off without your knowledge... ;)
Have you watched "Doctor Who" yet?
Have you watched Party Down? I've gone through that show several times :D Also King of the Hill more than several times. It's hard to get bored with Netflix since there's so much to watch.
I am a firm believer that a man with low standards is a keeper. There's nowhere to go but up!
Hahahaha, this hit home.
I'm by no means a slob, but my housekeeping skills are definitely not up to Monica from Friends standards haha.
Thankfully my hubby is just happy that we have clean dishes when he's hungry. Otherwise, I dont think he really cares.
Your blog is great! You are very funny, I've read nearly all of it instead of doing any work :-)
Emma in Paris
So sweet! I love how you write. Brings laughter and I feel warm in my heart =)! Thank you!
Little tip: don't watch Hoarders if you're eating. I actually gagged on my dinner when I watched the episode about the women that Hoarded cats. I haven't watched it since.
Please tell me you've watched Arrested Development and Parks & Rec on Netflix? Turn away from Hoarders!
I watched a few episodes of Hoarders. I thought it would motivate me to clean. It did not.
Also watch Pawn Stars or did you already? That's my latest addiction.
I watched a few episodes of Hoarders. I thought it would motivate me to clean. It did not.
Also watch Pawn Stars or did you already? That's my latest addiction.
Haha I love this! It is always a plus to be with a guy that has low housekeeping standards - you can't go wrong! Such a funny post!
Have you tried hulu? You might need a streaming device, but it would give you a ton more to watch
heyyy..you are just too good..m also just married (not even 2 months)..and yet when I read your blog today at office (come on, we all do that) I just missed my husband soo much.....
YOUR BLOG IS TRUELY AWESME...KEEP ENLIGHTING OUR WORLD (and this is written in CAPS to emphasize not to shout) ...he he he..
-Deepti
for sure not enough posting... this is my favorite blog and I think it needs a daily post because you are hilarious in that obvious but always over looked way. Seriously funny
I just found your blog, oh am I glad I did!! You are hilarious!! Can't wait to follow along!
Very nice, thanks for sharing.
love your humor! i'm a new fan. if you're interested in freelance writing (like i am), you should look into writing catchy phrases for living social. i thought of you when i came across the posting.
http://livingsocial.com/jobs
Post a Comment