December 17, 2009

steak night

Last night Bryan and I went on a date. Or so I thought. You see, whenever I want to go on a date I like to drop hints throughout the day and then when B clues in he usually asks me through text message or some other romantic form of communication. Yesterday though was special -- we talked on the phone. At work. Like sneaky young lovers just waiting to get caught. We decided that tonight was date night.

On our date B kept mentioning that he could really go for a steak and that he was glad I suggested it. I didn't suggest this but I let it go. Nothing could go wrong on date night. But that's when this conversation happened:

"I had fun tonight. I love date nights," I say. Then B smiles, squeezes my hand and says " I love steak night, too."

He thought it was steak night, not date night. This explained so much. No wonder when I asked him if I looked pretty he just answered "medium rare."

Just a piece of meat -- that's all I am.

No comments:

Web Statistics