December 19, 2009

2009 Top Moments #10: the name game

I've always had trouble with my first name. The name "Kendi" has never translated well with others. It's always Candy? Cindy? Kennedy? Kidney? Trudy? I gave up the fight early on -- I believe it was kindergarten when I stopped correcting people of my name. My teacher called me Kidney the whole year. (It's fine though -- I called her "that fat kindergarten lady"). So at 5 years old, I realized it's just not in the cards for me and since then I've answered to pretty much every name that starts with a hard C or a K.

But then I got married and traded my traditional last name of Hudson with the glad-I-don't-have-a-lisp last name of Skeen. Kendi Skeen -- it just has that ring to it doesn't it? So much that most people when I tell them my name say "bless you" because they think I've sneezed. This year was no exception, I think that I've had to correct my name at least 1000x this year and here are my posts to prove it.

No comments:

Web Statistics