I got pulled over today. I'm not even going to go into the details. All you need to know is that I did not get hauled off to jail despite my lack of current insurance.
The officer asked me how long I'd been driving. I thought it was an odd way around of asking for my age but I quickly calculated 25-16=9. "Nine years" I said, feeling very proud of myself for being so quick with my math.
"I meant this morning."
Just so we are clear, being good at math has little to do with avoiding speeding tickets.
2 comments:
My guess is the officer got a chuckle out of it too, after he returned to the squad.
I hope you didn't get a ticket. But I guess that would be better than going to jail :)
My fiancé got a speeding ticket this weekend, too ... must be a trend!
Post a Comment